My Bug List
1. Only one trash chute on each floor of my building. My apartment complex is a made up of few buildings that are connected- so technically I have to walk to the building over to take out my trash.- Why: This bug exists because of possible poor planning in construction.
2. When the gym and workout rooms are very cold.
- Why: This problem probably exists because they do not want people getting overheated while exercising. It also might exist because many people enjoy working out in cooler temperatures.
3. How fast my phone battery dies.
- Why: This bug's existence is partly my fault. The battery on my phone probably dies because I am constantly using it and checking it. It also exists because of the way the phones are manufactured.
4. Recycling bins are located first floor and not in the trash room. This makes it more of a hassle to dispose of one's recyclables in a environmentally conscious manner.
- Why: This bug exists because the building wanted to keep the trash rooms less messy.
5. When my dog wakes me up at 5 am to walk him some mornings.
- Why: I am not exactly sure why this bug exists but I am assuming it is because my dog has a lot of energy and wants to go out early, it could also exist because he gets woken up by the sounds outside my apartment.
6. When my nails chip.
- Why: This bug exists because I am very clumsy and my nails are usually pretty long, so they tend to break often.
7. The garbage disposal/drainage in my sink is bad. When I turn on the kitchen sink a pool always begins forming and when I turn on the garbage disposal to bring it down it barely works.
- Why: This bug most likely exists because whoever lived in the apartment before me probably got something stuck in the drain or there might be an issue with the pipe.
8. When signing the screens at checkout at stores, but unable to actually draw one's actual/legible signature.
- Why: This bug exists because of the way the technology was made or possibly because the screens are unaligned.
9. Unable to get an odd smell out of our apartment no matter how much we try/clean.
- Why: This bug might exists because of the way the apartments are made or possibly the ventilation in the building.
10. The hallways in my building are always cold (I hate being cold).
- Why: This bug exists because the building keeps the temperature in the building very cold.
11. Most places/stores in Gainesville close very early. Growing up in large city, where there is always something to do or somewhere to go (Miami) it is a hard adjustment.
- Why: This exist because Gainesville is a smaller city and their is probably less demand for things to do so late.
12. Having to carry my keys on me whenever I leave the house.
- Why: This bug exists because I need to have access to my apartment.
13. I have a really small dog in my apartment (he is a 5 pound Yorkie) and I would love to let him walk around on the balcony but there are fairly large gaps (in relation to my small dog) on each side where the fence connects to the wall.
- Why: This bug exists because of the way the building was constructed. The builders were most likely not building with small dogs in mind.
14. It started raining right as I was going to meet my friends on game day. So we all had to delay our plans a bit.
- Why: This exists because Gainesville weather is unpredictable.
15. No direct flight from Gainesville to New York when trying to go see my family for a holiday.
- Why: This problem exists because the Gainesville airport is very small and cannot accommodate all the destinations needed directly.
16. When I walk my dog and it starts raining.
- Why: This exists because I do not check the weather before I go out and it rains at least once a day in Gainesville.
17. When I take the bus to or from Miami/to or from Gainesville and it breaks down or is very humid on the bus.
- Why: This issue exists because the buses makes so many trips and gets worn down from all of them. It might also exist because they may or may not be doing enough maintenance checks before the buses leave the station.
18. The shades in my room don’t keep out the light well at night or in the morning.
- Why: This bug exists because the shades installed by the building are not black-out shades.
19. Sometimes there are little gnats that fly around our apartment.
- Why: This exists because we sometimes leave the door to our balcony open and the bugs fly in.
20. When I need to go out of town, the "pet hotel" (where my dog stays when I leave Gainesville) is a very far drive from the main part of Gainesville.
- Why: This exists because the farther the "pet hotels" are located from the main city the more land they have available and they need a lot of open land for the dogs.
Reflection: I found that coming up with this "Bug List" was a really difficult task for myself. I generally do not get bothered by much so it was hard to think of things that irritated me.
Martha,
ReplyDeleteYour bug list was very interesting to read. From a different perspective some of these bugs would not apply to me because I don't own a dog or because my apartment complex does not have the same issues but rather different one's. I can see why some things would bug you as I have others that bug me. I particularly see we have the phone battery as a problem that bugs us both. I am not sure what type of phone you have but whenever I use my iPhone it goes from 100 to 1 percent in a flash! Hopefully one day some of your bugs can be fixed quicker than later.
Martha,
ReplyDeleteI liked your bug list, I can totally relate about the flight from NewYork to Gainesville. I'm from Mexico and even though there are some flights to Gainesville, its connection flights that take way more hours than what is supposed to. I also felt you complaint to much about where you live, lol. You should consider moving or something. In general it was good to get to know you for a little and also how cool you have my last name. I think you are the second or first person ever that I meet with the last name Jacobs.