My Entrepreneurship Story



In Innovation Academy, there is a class called Creativity in Action. While we are enrolled in the class we must form groups and think of an innovative idea based on a subject. At the end of the semester we display our idea at an event called Catalyst. This year the subject was tackling biodiversity. Our team thought of the idea to make biodegradable fishing line to help reduce the amount of waste that accumulates in the ocean every year. Many people questioned what set our biodegradable wire apart from the preexisting companies. To answer that we basically explained to them how we used the entrepreneurial process to conquer an issue. The problem: biodegradable fishing line can take years to decompose and by then may have already caused harm to marine life. Our solution: we used dissolvable medical sutures as our fishing line because they dissolve faster and if they are harmless enough to go into a human body they will be a safer option than the chemicals in the other wire. 

My Catalyst Presentation



I enrolled in ENT 3003 not only because I am in Innovation Academy and undertaking an innovation minor but also because I would like to learn how to better think up and matriculate different ideas. I also just switched into the business school and entrepreneurship has become a very popular topic in business recently. I hope taking this class will help me transition into the business school with ease and better understand this side of the business world.

Comments

  1. Martha,

    I like you already and I dont ebven know you. I liked how you and your team focused on creating a product that would help the environment. I've always thought that one can still make profit of new products that go in hand with helping the world we live in. That was a great idea and you also encouraged me to check out the "innovation" minor, sounds like a good minor to look into.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment