Create a Customer Avatar (18A)

My prototypical costumer is a new student at the University of Florida between the ages of 18-21. As an 18 year old freshman she decides to live on campus in the dorms so that she can get used to college life and meet other students. She is an exploratory student because she is not yet sure what she would like to major in yet. She knows that at her home in South Florida they have a recycling bin but she had never put much thought into it before it came time for her to separate the trash from the recyclables in her new dorm.
She notices the blue bin with the recycling symbol on it and the regular beige bin sitting side by under her desk. She tries her best to separate the two but when it comes time to take out the trash all she can find is the trash chute on her floor. Being the outgoing person that she is she asks where the recyclables go. She finds out that they are downstairs outside the building: She now faces a dilemma--Take the time and effort to bring her recyclables downstairs or just throw it down the trash chute since it is so much closer and she is a busy student with a lot of things to get done today.
She drives a white Jeep but leaves it parked in the parking lot outside of her dorm most of the time because she walks to all of her classes and doesn't want to risk losing her spot. She only really uses it when she wants to drive home or somewhere far off campus. She enjoys spending time outside, reading, and watching the office.

What I have in common with the avatar is that we are both University of Florida students and we both love spending time in the outdoors. We are also both from South Florida and come from homes that recycle. Lastly, we both walk to all of our classes. I do not think this commonalities are a coincidence because my target audience falls into the category of students at universities. Also, many students at UF are from south Florida and most students here walk to class so this would make sense.

Comments

  1. I think that your customer was described well here. I can see what her interests are and what some of her problems are with the information given. You added in fun details and made her into a very realistic person. I think all of our avatars are going to be like us because the product ads directed at college students already are aiming for big similarities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Martha great custom avatar! I believe you did a great job in describing your prototypical costumer. I believe that the most important people who should recycle are college students. There are so many students at the UF that if everyone recycled, it would have a positive effect for our environment. If students are correctly educated on the benefits of recycling and just how easy it can be, we would be doing our environment a great favor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha,

    I liked how your avatar is from UF as well as mine. I believe our prodcuts are specifically focused toward students at the end. I also like the effort of recycling, so I think you did an amazing job. Your avatar is really detailed like.. "watching the office" one of my favorite shows. Now I think you like the office too so thats fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment