1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?
Scheduling is what I would say is the most important factor in keeping up with this course. For myself, I found that I needed to schedule 2-3 days a week in my planner dedicated to watching the class lectures. I also made sure to read the assignments for the week on Monday so I would be able to plan out how much time I need to get the work done. For example, if the assignment requires interviews I would plan on starting earlier on in the week rather than later.
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
The moment I felt like “giving up” was the two weeks that I had a really bad cold and did not have the energy to do the assignments. I pulled through and did them to the best of my ability because I knew that when I felt better I would regret not having done them. I feel like I have developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months because I learned how important planning ahead, scheduling, and staying on top of my work is. The first week or two I had to rush through some of the assignments because I had not planned well enough—this learning experience contributed to my development of a tenacious attitude because I quickly learned how important not falling behind is.
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?
1. Work ahead on the assignments if you can
2. Do the extra credit just in case you do fall behind one week
3. Use a planner and schedule specific times to watch lecture each week
Scheduling is what I would say is the most important factor in keeping up with this course. For myself, I found that I needed to schedule 2-3 days a week in my planner dedicated to watching the class lectures. I also made sure to read the assignments for the week on Monday so I would be able to plan out how much time I need to get the work done. For example, if the assignment requires interviews I would plan on starting earlier on in the week rather than later.
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
The moment I felt like “giving up” was the two weeks that I had a really bad cold and did not have the energy to do the assignments. I pulled through and did them to the best of my ability because I knew that when I felt better I would regret not having done them. I feel like I have developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months because I learned how important planning ahead, scheduling, and staying on top of my work is. The first week or two I had to rush through some of the assignments because I had not planned well enough—this learning experience contributed to my development of a tenacious attitude because I quickly learned how important not falling behind is.
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?
1. Work ahead on the assignments if you can
2. Do the extra credit just in case you do fall behind one week
3. Use a planner and schedule specific times to watch lecture each week

Dear Martha,
ReplyDeleteI do the same thing, I plan and organize my assignments do for all my classes especially for ENT. I feel that is a time consuming class because every week there are 2 blogs + the reviews + the cupcakes. I would say that it doesn't matter how organized or not organized one might be, planning out assignments is crucial for success.