Elevator Pitch No. 3 (22A)

1. The Pitch: https://youtu.be/KXytEfD7AC8
2. A reflection on the feedback you received from your last pitch:

I got three comments on my last elevator pitch post. The most important take away from these comments was that I should have attempted to not read off of my computer. The only feedback that I found “silly” was that I should do my pitch in a more animated way. I found this “silly” because I had a really bad cold when I did my pitch and could barely talk so that was the best that I could do at the time with how I felt and how I could talk. Other than that the main useful takeaway that I took from my feedback was that I should not read off the computer and that I should rehearse my script to be more natural in front of the camera.
3. What did you change based on the feedback:
Based on the feedback I received from my peers, I rehearsed my pitch many more times than I had done before I recorded the first one. I also tried harder not to read off of my screen. Unfortunately, I had been getting over a cough while recording this pitch too but I tried my best to be as animated as possible.
I did not find that my pitch was almost memorized because memorization is not a great skill of mine. I know the ideas of what I am saying more than the first time, but I would not say I had it memorized. However, I definitely was a little more comfortable in front of the camera and I do think my pitch was better and more lively.

Comments

  1. I thought you did well in this elevator pitch. Furthermore, I like some of the changes you did to your pitch based on the feedback. Even though memorization is not a great skill of yours I think you can makeup for this by practicing consistently. By practicing your pitch you can memorize your pitch much better. In addition, I like how even though you had been trying to get over a bad cough you gave all the energy you could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Energy is something hard to bring to a pitch when you are sick, and I think you did a great job. Being sick is something you cannot control and you made the best out of a bad situation. You can tell that from your last pitch you are more comfortable in front of the camera. I am terrible with a camera in my face and always get so nervous. Memorizing your pitch is good, but when you get in front of a person you could get nervous and forget what you want to say. I think the best way to approach the matter is by being comfortable with the information so you don't have to recite it but still look like you know what you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha,

    I really like the changes you have made to your final elevator pitch. You have made many improvements to you elevator pitch and should be proud of yourself. You looked way better and more confident. I always think the best way to do it is having your points straight and try to explain it in your own words. Good job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment