The Art of Social Media- Guy Kawasaki and Peg Fitzpatrick
1) What was the general theme or argument of the book? The general theme/argument of The Art of Social media is pretty self explanatory. The book mainly talks about how to be successful among different social media platforms. It gives the reader a lot of tips on how to improve their social media pages and offers a lot of resources to do so as well.
2) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003? The main way the book enhances what I am learning in ENT3003 is through the tips for social media and blogging. I could use a lot of what I read about in the book to enhance my blogger posts for this class.
3) If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve? If I had to design an exercise for this class, the exercise would involve doing an Google+ HOA (Hangouts on Air) for every assigned group. I think this would be a good idea for two reasons: 1. It would be a nice opportunity to have a face to face conversation with those who we have been reviewing and commenting on each others work for the past few weeks 2. HOAs seem like a good tool to know how to use for business/projects/group schoolwork. The book dedicates an entire chapter on how to do these meetings so it must be an important skill to know how to use.
4) What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations? The biggest surprise I found from reading The Art of Social Media was how much help from other resources and sites they used to enhance their own pages, blogs, etc.
1) What was the general theme or argument of the book? The general theme/argument of The Art of Social media is pretty self explanatory. The book mainly talks about how to be successful among different social media platforms. It gives the reader a lot of tips on how to improve their social media pages and offers a lot of resources to do so as well.
2) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003? The main way the book enhances what I am learning in ENT3003 is through the tips for social media and blogging. I could use a lot of what I read about in the book to enhance my blogger posts for this class.
3) If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve? If I had to design an exercise for this class, the exercise would involve doing an Google+ HOA (Hangouts on Air) for every assigned group. I think this would be a good idea for two reasons: 1. It would be a nice opportunity to have a face to face conversation with those who we have been reviewing and commenting on each others work for the past few weeks 2. HOAs seem like a good tool to know how to use for business/projects/group schoolwork. The book dedicates an entire chapter on how to do these meetings so it must be an important skill to know how to use.
4) What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations? The biggest surprise I found from reading The Art of Social Media was how much help from other resources and sites they used to enhance their own pages, blogs, etc.
Hi Jacob,
ReplyDeleteI also read the Art of Social Media by Guy Kawasaki. I thought we got the same theme. As you mentioned, the book is self-explanatory and that brings a sense of comfort. Social media is a new way of branding, and approaching it with a easy way is good for older readers. I thought the book could help with our blog posts too. Great post.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMartha,
ReplyDeleteAmazing post!! I also believe social media is a huge thing in our generation mainly. In there nor just the social part i . s available but also to make business and expanding your network. Mine was a different concept but I feel both focus in concepts to better ourselves. I am going to read it soon because it really grabbed my attention
Hey Martha great elevator pitch. I believe you did a great job and presented your business idea clearly. I do believe that to feel more comfortable when delivering a speech, you should use more hand gestures. Body language allows you to engage in the audience more and you feel more comfortable when presenting. Overall great speech and loved listening and learning about your business idea!
ReplyDelete