1) I would say one of my talents and skills is my patience when it comes to pretty much everything in life, school, etc. I think my experience as a student has taught me that rushing through work is not effective. As I am already someone who is worried about the environment, my business concept would not only help me be more environmentally cautious but help others be as well.
2) I am offering my customers a way to recycle that is just as convenient as taking out their trash.
3) My demographic would be on-campus student housing, but from my feedback I have heard that the campus makes it seem as if it is not possible. Because of that I think my demographic would be off-campus student housing. It would also be those living in the buildings (like students).
4) My customers care because everyday more people are realizing the importance of recycling and preserving our environment.
5) My core competencies are that I am passionate about the things that matter to me. This is what sets me and my product apart from others because I am passionate about the environment and doing what we can to save it.
I think these five elements work fine together. The parts of my business concept that could be considered weak do not have to do with these elements but rather the complexity of implementing my product.
Feedback Memo: One main point that I took away from my feedback is that campus housing shut down a similar idea so I have to put a lot more work in. Another main point that I took from this is that students think recycling is really important but when it is not right in front of you it is easy to not remember to do it. I incorporated this feedback when thinking about who my target customers would be as those giving me feedback were college students (students are in my demographic) so their opinions and input is very important.
Martha,
ReplyDeleteI think you put in a good description of the product you are trying to advertise. Looking back at the first idea napkin in comparison to this one I can see the difference. You were able to describe what needed more work on in comparison because of campus housing shutting down a similar idea. Great job and thank you for sharing!
Martha great napkin idea. I believe the skill of patience is very key especially in the business world. Your product is a great idea and believe you have a great market for it. Recycling is very important, everyone knows that, but not enough people recycle. I believe people do not recycle as much as they are supposed to because it depends if how steadily available it is. If on and off campus student housing complexes stressed the importance of recycling, more people would recycle. Universities and apartment complexes have to educate their residents on recycling and make it easier to access.
ReplyDelete