Final Reflection (30A)

What sticks out to you as the most formative experience? The experience that you'll remember years later? What was your most joyous experience? What experience are you most proud of yourself for accomplishing?
  • I think I would say the most formative experience would be completing the elevator pitches because I have never been very comfortable in front of a camera but I noticed significant improvement after rehearsing and recording it for the second time. The experience I will remember years later would probably be the interviews I conducted because I got to see how other people felt about recycling. My most joyous experience would be one particular interview I conducted for an assignment where one student expressed how passionate she was about the environment and that she recycles every chance she has, even when it is out of her way. I am most proud of myself for completing almost every assignment, even though I had a bad cold for most of the semester.
At the beginning of the semester, I mentioned that I wanted each of you to develop an entrepreneurial mindset. Now, at the end, do you see yourself as an entrepreneur? Do you think you have moved closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset?
  • I do not know if I see myself as an entrepreneur because I have not actually started a company yet. However, I do think that I definitely have moved closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset because I have noticed that I find myself analyzing things in more of a "businessy" way.
What is the one recommendation you would make to the students who are going to journey down this path in the future? What would you recommend they do to perform best in this course? What would you recommend they do to foster that mindset?
  • The one recommendation I would make to the students who are going to journey down this path in the future is to write down all the assignments/quizzes in your planner at the beginning of the semester so they do not forget about them. I recommend they start their assignments in the beginning of the week, rather than waiting until the end. To foster that mindset I recommend planning out times on Sunday or Monday to start or at least review the assignments that will be due at the end of the semester.


Comments

  1. Martha,

    I think it was good to see that you reflected upon yourself during the semester and saw you were passionate about an idea of recycling which translated upon your business idea itself. I think if you were to work on it longer you can make it successful and feel like an entrepreneur since you said you started thinking like one. I also agree with your comment that assignments should be started earlier because I had trouble myself doing that. Thank you for sharing and best of luck in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment